DreamIt Health has a first-hand view on the challenges faced by today’s health care industry and a keen understanding that innovation is the key to bringing fresh ideas into the health care system. The program is encouraging applications from teams and companies nationwide that take a broad view of working across the health care industry, including health insurers, physicians, hospitals, and others in the health care industry, to apply technology to the challenges of proactively keeping people healthy, as well as providing more effective and affordable interventions when people get sick.
Applicants should think big and want to take advantage of the resources that come with this unique partnership between a health insurer, a health system, DreamIt Ventures and Venturef0rth.
Some of the innovative ideas the accelerator is interested in include:
- Connectivity solutions that enable patients, health insurers, hospitals, physicians, other healthcare professionals, and employers to share data and collaborate in new ways
- New applications for large-scale data analytics in health care using claims, clinical data, and other information to drive wellness and optimize interventions to treat illness
- Improving medical treatments by standardizing diagnostics and intervention using best practices
- Novel health delivery models, especially focusing on the patient/member experience
- Consumer and patient engagement tools
- Better management of handoffs among different health care professionals by making sure that there is seamless transition of care and recordkeeping
- Health insurance marketing: direct to consumer and exchanges
- Remote monitoring of patients and telehealth solutions
APPLY TODAY. The deadline for applications is February 8th 2013.